Wednesday 20 April 2016

Our 3rd scan (20 Apr '16)

Now we were 16 weeks, we had to go under Lister Hospital as we were under a consultant lead team. We walked into a waiting room with lots of expectation parents. I queued for ages (bursting for a pee) to checked in at the reception desk, but was advised we were in the wrong place - typical😓. We were sent across the hall. This waiting room was much much smaller. There was only a handful of women. That's when it dawned on me. We were REALLY high risk. We were at a risk of getting something called TTTS. I made a conscious effort not to google it. Of course my husband, in laws and parents had, but I told them not to tell me anything. I was stressed enough as it was!


This appointment was very different to our 12 week scan. There wasn't any loving comments about the babies. It was VERY medical. We weren't really involved in the conversations. A team of 5 wrote down various measurements, and they recorded their heartbeats. We kept asking, "Is that okay?" But of course, THEY WERE PERFECT!

We were only 16 weeks, but we thought it was worth asking the sex. Our "Harry and Ollie" since our first scan at 6 weeks, might have needed to be rethought. The consultant answered, "Chaps...!" 👶👶We were delighted! 😍

Our Perfect boys!